Sunday, November 11, 2012

Obsolete

I can't change the unwanted reality.
It was foolish to stay in the fantasy.
You made me believe, now I feel dumb.
Forced to accept for the sake of our son.
And the world seems so vile.
Adding you to the pile.
I go alone, do you understand?
Since I have aged out of being your brand.
I won't be walking next to you.
Invisible while you survey the new.
I saw it, I'm not blind.
Now you are not really no longer my kind.
She was half your age.
Time to move on with my rage.
Anytime now I will pick up the pieces.
You never lifted a finger to treat this
Long festering wounds neglected.
Your actions all thoroughly dissected.
You go out drinking while I sit in this prison.
Do you do it then with your whiskey vision?
Your penchant for the young and long flowing hair.
There is no reason for me to even be there.
With me you still find it necessary.
To make me your embarrassed accessory.

No comments:

Post a Comment